THE HERBAL BODY:
YOUR PATH TO WELLNESS
A Natural Way to Heal
Holistic medicine is the art and science of healing that addresses the whole person – mind, body and spirit. Bridget integrates conventional and alternative therapies to prevent and treat dis-ease, and most importantly, to promote optimal health.
Bridget is compassionate and experienced in assisting with hormone and gut issues; immune challenges; chronically stressed, anxious and fatigued patients.
Bridget invites you to join her on this wonderful journey of healing.
Bridget Hall is an accredited Naturopath and Herbalist with over 12 years experience. She has worked closely with herbs overseeing the manufacture and dispensing of herbs in clinical settings.
Her consultations are empathetic, insightful and practical. Her mission is to induce the body's natural restorative powers through diet, herbal medicine, nutraceuticals and flower essences. Bridget aims to unlock the potential of self-healing in each patient.
Herbal medicine is in alignment with the natural world and all of The Herbal Body's herbal medicines are carefully crafted using certified organic and wild crafted herbs using time honoured sustainable methods.
Bridget is a mother, a qualified chef and Naturopath. Her first foray into the herbal world was discovering the Ayurvedic system of plant medicine. Herbal medicine has been used extensively by every culture for healing.
Bridget studied Western Herbal Medicine and treatment protocols for 7 years and stays abreast of current research.
Starting a family was a turning point for her and she was able to apply her techniques to support herself and her family in those early sleep-deprived years!
Through personal experiences Bridget relates directly to the physical signs and symptoms created by chronic fatigue that are diagnostically undetectable.
There are millions of people around the world who do not present with a 'real medical condition.' They are told they are lazy, depressed or 'it's all in your head.' Sometimes they start to believe that maybe it IS all in their own head but their bodies do not lie. It is Bridget's passion to treat these people.
Bridget is dedicated to helping her patients understand the timeline or origins of their current health and what they need to do to reclaim their energy, their immunity, their joy.
Stress, Anxiety, Adrenal fatigue, Chronic fatigue syndrome(CFS)/ Myalgic encephalitis (ME)
Many years of clinical practice has taught Bridget, both professionally and personally, that stress, anxiety and fatigue have profound consequences for health. Having worked as a chef in the hospitality sector for well over a decade she is intimately acquainted with stress and anxiety! Later she developed gradual onset chronic fatigue syndrome and continues to manage it.
Many of the people Bridget treats feel like 'the walking dead' - people who have post-viral syndromes or have been running themselves on low energy for too long or whose lives have had too many demands on them.
Conversely, some patients have had illness thrust them into despair with sudden onset Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), also known as Myalgic encephalitis (ME).
Bridget's treatments and protocols have helped people reclaim their lives with gradual restorative treatments.
Did you know that chronic fatigue can:
- alter your thyroid and metabolism, making you gain weight
- cause hypoglycaemia and see-sawing of emotions and blood sugar imbalances
- disrupt sleep patterns causing insomnia despite feeling exhausted
- disturb digestion allowing for opportunistic pathogen overgrowth, bowel irregularities, IBS, nausea, food intolerances, 'leaky gut' and a host of other digestive symptoms
- trigger inflammation markers leading to widespread inflammation throughout the body despite all conventional testing coming back as 'normal'
- dysregulate the endocrine system leading to hormone imbalances, blood sugar disturbances and potentially autoimmune disease
- suppress the immune system allowing common viruses to cause severe setbacks in health
- cause irritation the urinary system leading to frequent urination during the day and night
- cause generalized aches and pains; fibromyalgia
- cause extreme sensitivity to light, sound and touch
- trigger irritability, mood changes
- instigate 'crashes' - periods of hours, days or months of debilitating can't-get-out-of-bed fatigue
- bring about social isolation as being around people takes up too much precious energy
- bring about depression and despair due to lack of knowledge and acceptance by the loved ones and the medical community for a seemingly invisible and therefore untreatable condition
Fatigue can be a slippery slope if left untreated.
Do not join the tribe of the 'missing millions' who are slipping through the cracks in conventional medicine.
If you would like support to work through stress management, anxiety, fatigue or CFS/ME but don't know where to turn, look no further. Bridget can give qualified, professional, practical lifestyle and dietary advice and guide you on the right path to which supplements and treatments are right for you. Take the guesswork out of conflicting internet information and supplements that do not know you, your journey and, perhaps most importantly, the drug, herb and nutrient interactions of your current regime of prescriptions and supplements.
THE HERBAL BODY'S SERVICES
Bridget guides patients to understand the signposts of healing and what signals the body is giving while it is changing from a symptomatic state to a healthier state. She wants them to understand how powerful their minds and bodies really are, and how each organ and symptom is part of a larger system. Healing chronic and intractable ailments takes patience, commitment and an overwhelming desire for change.