The Herbal Body:
Your Path to Wellness
A Natural Way to Heal
Holistic medicine is the art and science of healing that addresses the whole person – mind, body and spirit. As a practitioner of holistic medicine (naturopath), Bridget integrates conventional and alternative therapies to prevent and treat dis-ease, and most importantly, to promote optimal health.
Her special interest is chronically stressed, anxious and fatigued patients.
Bridget invites you to join her on this wonderful journey of healing.
My mission is to induce the body's natural restorative powers through diet, herbal medicine, nutraceuticals and flower essences. I try to unlock the potential of self-healing in each patient.
Herbal medicine is in alignment with the natural world and all of The Herbal Body's herbal medicines are carefully crafted using certified organic and wild crafted herbs using time honoured sustainable methods.
My intention is that I 'first do no harm' as stated by the Father of Medicine, Hippocrates in his original Hippocratic Oath (which has since been adulterated many times.) No harm to the environment and no harm to my patients.
I’ve been a professional Naturopathic Practitioner since 2008. During the early years of my apprenticeship in hospitality I became fascinated with the Ayurvedic system of plant medicine and discovering that herbal tinctures and extracts had been used for thousands of years and are an intrinsic part of every culture.
'Plants as medicine' was my light bulb moment, as prior to that, I had had no experience with traditional and alternative forms of medicine. I thought there was only one type of doctor - the western doctor of allopathic medicine!
After years of getting burned out by a demanding industry I wanted a change in career and I came back to the concept of plant medicine.
In 2003 I enrolled in a herbal college set upon 5 acres of lush gardens teeming with western and ayurvedic medicinal plants.
Starting a family was a turning point for me and as a tired mum I started experiencing health challenges associated with stress and fatigue.
Through personal experiences I can relate directly to the physical signs and symptoms created by fatigue that are diagnostically undetectable. There are millions of people around the world who do not present with a 'real medical condition.' They are told they are lazy, depressed or 'it's all in your head.' Sometimes they start to believe that maybe it IS all in their own head but their bodies do not lie.
I’m dedicated to helping my patients with this affliction and other 'invisible illnesses' move through a wide range of physical and emotional transitions. You are the people I believe I can help. Reclaim your energy, your immunity, your joy.
Stress, Anxiety, Adrenal fatigue, Chronic fatigue syndrome(CFS)/ Myalgic encephalitis (ME)
Many years of clinical practice has taught me, both professionally and personally, that stress, anxiety and fatigue have profound consequences for our health. Having worked as a chef in the hospitality sector for well over a decade I am intimately acquainted with stress and anxiety! Later I developed gradual onset chronic fatigue syndrome and continue to manage it.
Many of the people I treat feel like 'the walking dead' - people who have been running themselves on low energy for too long or whose lives have had too many demands on them.
Conversely, some patients have had illness thrust them into despair with sudden onset Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), also known as Myalgic encephalitis (ME).
My treatments and protocols have brought the 'walking dead' back to life with gradual restorative treatments.
Did you know that chronic fatigue can:
- alter your thyroid and metabolism, making you gain weight
- cause hypoglycaemia and see-sawing of emotions and blood sugar imbalances
- disrupt sleep patterns causing insomnia despite feeling exhausted
- disturb digestion allowing for opportunistic pathogen overgrowth, bowel irregularities, IBS, nausea, food intolerances, 'leaky gut' and a host of other digestive symptoms
- trigger inflammation markers leading to widespread inflammation throughout the body despite all conventional testing coming back as 'normal'
- dysregulate the endocrine system leading to hormone imbalances, blood sugar disturbances and potentially autoimmune disease
- suppress the immune system allowing common viruses to cause severe setbacks in health
- cause irritation the urinary system leading to frequent urination during the day and night
- cause generalized aches and pains; fibromyalgia
- cause extreme sensitivity to light, sound and touch
- trigger irritability, mood changes
- instigate 'crashes' - periods of hours, days or months of debilitating can't-get-out-of-bed fatigue
- bring about social isolation as being around people takes up too much precious energy
- bring about depression and despair due to lack of knowledge and acceptance by the loved ones and the medical community for a seemingly invisible and therefore untreatable condition
Fatigue can be a slippery slope if left untreated.
Do not join the tribe of the 'missing millions' who are slipping through the cracks in conventional medicine.
If you would like support to work through stress management, anxiety, fatigue or CFS/ME but don't know where to turn, look no further. Bridget can give qualified, professional, practical lifestyle and dietary advice and guide you on the right path to which supplements and treatments are right for you. Take the guesswork out of conflicting internet information and supplements that do not know you, your journey and, perhaps most importantly, the drug, herb and nutrient interactions of your current regime of prescriptions and supplements.
The Herbal Body's Services